Feel free to support The Heady Pepper. You know these ingredients are not free!!!!

SERIOUSLY. JUST CLICK THE ICON BELOW TO MAKE A DONATION. IT'S SO EASY. JUST ONE CLICK OF A BUTTON:)

Friday, August 29, 2008

Aioli and potaotes


It's been a while since I've used the mortar and pestle. I've been thinking about Spain quite a lot lately. I'm craving contrast to my current environment. Maybe it's the rain. Maybe it's my personality. Perhaps it's because I'm a Gemini. Whatever.

Above I'm slow roasting potatoes in the pan with some onions and garlic. I like em this way because they come out nice and meaty. The pan it slightly oiled.

I take the garlic out of the pan after a bit, depending on how strong you want the mayonnaise. I'm feeding kids here so I need to roast them a bit. I throw em in the mortar and pestle with some lemon, sea salt, and olive oil and I crush around. I throw in an egg yolk, a dash of mustard and continue grinding and melding until it's a bit thick.

There we go. Dash of paprika on the potatoes. Nice aioli and potatoes. Salud!

3 comments:

Densie Clarke said...

YUM! Sounds great!

Denise
http://WineFoodPairing.blogspot.com

jdbauer said...

Thanks Denise!

Anonymous said...

Man! I got so hungry by reading your post!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner